In this episode with Zach Weprin, we discuss:
- How growth comes from living in that place of discomfort.
- How Fusian came to be.
- The process of opening a restaurant with ZERO experience.
- Leveraging technology in place of skilled positions to streamline processes.
- Acting like a national brand; even if you're not.
- How giving your guest fewer options serve both the operation and the guest.
- Using your sales mix to determine what menu items to focus on.
- Educating your team and guest on your menu.
- Growing too fast and how to recover.
- Being careful to not promote people before they're ready.
- Getting the right people on your team with the skills you're lacking.
- The power of just starting and being comfortable being uncomfortable.
Childhood friends Zach Weprin, Josh Weprin and Stephan Harman love sushi. It was during their college careers that they saw a need for a simple, fresh, and affordable sushi dining option. with this as their inspiration, they set out to create that experience. Fusian opened in may of 2010 as a place where discerning diners can customize sushi rolls in a fun, interactive, and energetic environment. 8 years later they're operating 10 locations throughout Ohio State.