In this episode with Thad and Jessica Kittrell, we discuss:
- How Thad and Jess got into the industry.
- Leading by example.
- Acknowledging your people when they are good at what they do.
- Knowing you're only as good as your people.
- Focusing too much on the numbers and not enough on your people leading to failure.
- Taking jobs to learn specific skills.
- Using systems, and checklists to stay organized.
- The power of delegation and using delegation to educate.
- Finding and communicating your brand.
- The cons to taking on investors.
- Finding a partner that compliments you.
- Getting outside help from those who are strong where you're weak.
- Opening more restaurants for the purpose of creating opportunity for your team.
- Constantly growing by teaching people how to do your job.
Thad and Jessica Kittrell met in 2002 while working at the Capital Athletic Club, in Columbus, OH. Thad was the Executive Chef. Jessica was the Banquet Managers. From the time they met, they started envisioning what their future would look like as owners of their very own brew pub. In 2012, that vision materialized in the form of 101 Beer Kitchen. 6 years later they're operating three location around the Columbus, OH area.