In this episode with Doug Mullins, we discuss:
- Anticipating guest needs and exceeding their expectations.
- Connecting with your guest by listening, processing, and retaining.
- Growing your community by connecting your guest.
- Mastering time management to scale.
- What qualities to look for in employees.
- How to take over a failing business.
- Changing atmosphere to change culture.
- Not over addressing a paticular demographic.
- entering into a franchise to steal ideas.
- Finding the perfect balance of systems and culture.
- The "Nine Box Model".
- Using organizational charts and chains of command to improve communication and structure.
After receiving a degree from western Illinois university, Doug pivoted to a career in sales. 1991 he opened his first bar and grill and would open 3 additional operations by 2005. in 2004 Doug bought into a national sports pub franchise, and then transitioned to become a franchisor consultant for that same operation. In 2014 he joined Ouita Michel Restaurant Group as their Director of Operations, where he remains to this day.