Born in Germany and raised on Capitol Hill in Seattle, Ethan Stowell is a self taught chef. He opened Union in 2003 and hasn't looked back. By 2008 He was named one of Food & Wine's Best New Chefs in America and has been nominated for more James Beard Awards than he cares to remember. 15 years after opening his first Restaurant they have grown the restaurant group into 16 locations and they're still growing.
Favorite Success Quote or Mantra.
Work hard. Be honest. Keep it simple.
In this episode with Ethan Stowell, we discuss:
- How being instilled with work ethic and discipline influenced Stowell at a young age.
- Why earlier in your career you should be less focused about what you are making and more intentional on where you're working.
- How success in life and the kitchen is all about being organization.
- How a kitchen should be run.
- How time has only made being honest easier.
- What mistakes Stowell made in his earlier career.
- How less fancy more casual dinning concepts can be more profitable that find dining.
- How to get to 70% Profit.
- How to get guest into a regular cycle of coming in.
- The impact of getting involved with your community.
- How the recession made Stowell Restaurant Group stronger, because it made them pay closer attention to the numbers.
- Stowell idea of the current and future state of the industry.
- Why you should think twice about jumping around hen you're early in your career. Give your employer at least a year before jumping to the next learning experience.
- How you shouldn't expect the work force to adapt to you, instead you need to adapt to them.
- Resources mentioned
Soundtrackyourbrand.comSoundtrack Business lets you play 250 music channels guaranteed to fit any type of business. An easy-to-use dashboard lets you find great music, control all your locations and schedule your sound.
Go to RU500.net to act on a special offer for all Restaurant Unstoppable listeners. Nick Fosberg. is guaranteeing $500 in new sales for every $100 you spend on advertising. For Every $100 You Invest In Advertising, Nick Will Guarantee You A Minimum Of $500 Back In NEW Sales, Or Your Money Back Guaranteed!
Direct download: 526_Ethan_Stowell_mixdown.mp3
-- posted at: 11:14am EST