Find out more about Doug Mullins here.
- Ouita Michel Restaurants operates 10 restaurants; 5 are currently closed - 150 employees are on leave
- The real issue is tipped employees
- They have set up a fund for tipped employees filled by donations from the community
- Taking this time to deep-clean the closed restaurants as if they are closing for a season; will be like new when reopened
- Donating food they cannot use to local food pantries
- Open restaurants are preparing free family meals for employees who cannot work
- Usually, these events cause us to want to be there for each other but in this case, that is the worst idea, what else can we do?
- One of the lessons: always have savings for situations like this
- Employees AND many restauranteurs are paycheck-to-paycheck, two bad weeks can bury us - why is that?
- What to do to generate cash flow for this specific situation
- Be flexible whether you're staff or an operator