In this episode with Chef Brian Pekarcik, we discuss:
- How the team dynamic of a kitchen filled the void after Pekarcik's baseball dreams ended.
- Making your employees feel valued.
- If you want to be the best you need to work for the best.
- Taking a step back in position, if it means being on a better team.
- Planning each day out to increase productivity.
- Being the standard you want your team to live up to.
- How working under a corporate umbrella can limit the creative freedom of a chef.
- Using your experience, knowledge, and expertise as leverage when finding partners.
- Taking time to get to know your partners and to create the SAME visions.
- The dynamics of Chef Pekarcik and Rick Stern partnership.
- Pushing through your fear.
- Building a team of strong mangers around you by teaching them how to think.
- Why now it is more important than every to not burn bridges in this industry.
- Dialing back scheduled hours to 50-55 a week.
Raised in Pittsburgh, Chef Brian Pekarcik is a graduate of John Carroll University in 1997. Pekarcik then moved out to, CA to fine tune his craft while working in some of the most well know kitchen at the time. In 2007 he moved back to PA and would eventually team up with Rick Stern in 2009 to open S + P Restaurant Group. To S+P restaurant Group consist of Spoon, Brgr, G&G Noodle Bar and Willow.