In this episode with David Scott Peters we discuss:
- How your menu is like the heart of your business.
- How menu engineerING all starts with menu costing cards.
- What a yield test is.
- Factoring in spice/consumable.
- Using batch recipes.
- Using software in place of continuing updating recipe cards.
- What is meant by a weight average.
- Why being great at a few things, is more impactful and profitable than trying to be all things to all people.
- Making small incremental changes to your menu when raising prices.
- Where your guests eyes go when they look at a menu.
- The fonts you should be using on your menu.
- Where to list the prices on your menu.
- How to sell the largest margin items on your menu consistently.
Aside from being the founder of TheRestaurantExpert.com and serving as a Member coach, David Scott Peters is also a dynamic and engaging speaker. His specialized knowledge targets the independent restaurant owners, whether they own one location or a multi-unit chain.