In this episode, we continue to discuss:
- Growth comes from weakness and unconformability. Take time to look at what makes you uncomfortable and work on THAT.
- How to focus on your team, and how it will serve you well.
- Stephan's move back to North Fork after the death of his beloved mentor.
- How important personal care and self care is vital to running a successful career and life.
- Getting past ego and checking it at the door in order to grow.
- How can I serve other people?
Hailing from Long Island, Chef Stephan Bogardus is a Graduate of the Culinary Institute of America. After graduating he joined The North Fork Table and Inn team as Sous Chef. Over the next 5 years he worked for two additional operations, including restaurant daniell but eventually made his way back to The North Fork Table and Inn to serve as Executive Chef, where he's remains at the helm to this day, almost 3 years after his return.
Sourcery allows you to streamline and digitize your entire Accounts Payable operation. Digital invoicing, backed with human verification, will save you countless hours of work and increase AP accuracy. Say goodbye to your file cabinets and enter the digital world.
Kabbage. Apply for up to 250,000 of funding through Kabbage, and you'll get a $50 e-gift card when you quality. Get started!
- Which "it factor" habit, trait, or characteristic you believe most contributes to your success? Meditation
- What is your biggest weakness? I frequently reprioritize, and I need to trust my instincts.
- What's one question you ask or thing you look for during an interview? I like to ask themselves questions about their interests outside of work. I care more about their morals than their skills, and the person.
- What's a current challenge? How are you dealing with it? Staffing. We have done everything from having presence at local fairs, to constantly full core press about hiring.
- Share one code of conduct or behavior you teach your team. Take a quick sprint mid shift- it connects you to your center. A short but intense physical exertion will help you perform better.
- What is one uncommon standard of service you teach your staff? It's all about the solution and not the problem.
What's one book we must read to become a better person or restaurant owner?
GET THIS BOOK FOR FREE AT AUDIBLE.COM
- Setting the Table
- Gastrophysics: The New Science of Eating
- The Book of Joy
- Share an online resource or tool. Restaurant Unstoppable Podcast! Woop! And Instagram- looking at people's pictures and seeing what others are doing is really beneficial.
- What's one piece of technology you've adopted in your restaurant and how has it influence operations? Social Media Marketing. AMAZING.
- If you got the news that you'd be leaving this world tomorrow and all memories of you, your work, and your restaurants would be lost with your departure with the exception of 3 pieces of wisdom you could leave behind for the good of humanity, what would they be?
- Try to be your best self.
- Remember it's a gift, that's why it's called the present.
- Shoot for the stars, but settle on the moon.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining today! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Restaurant Unstoppable Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Huge thanks to Stephan for joining me for another awesome episode. Until next time!
Restaurant Unstoppable is a free podcast. One of the ways I'm able to make it free is by earning a commission when sharing certain products with you. I've made it a core value to only share tools, resources, and services my guest mentors have recommend, first. If you're finding value in my podcast, please use my links!