Today's guest, Scott Landers, is the founder of Figure 8 Logistics, a consulting firm that specializes in delivery for the restaurant industry. Prior to figure 8 Logistics Landers was a civil engineer, and found his way onto the team of the New York City-based restaurant Dig Inn, where is focus was on developing their delivery program. He's opened his skills up to the rest of the industry with Figure 8
Check out The E-Myth: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What To Do About It by Michael E.Gerber as mentioned in today's episode!
Calls to ACTION!!!
- Join Restaurant Unstoppable Network and connect with my past guest and a community of superfans.
- Subscribe to the Restaurant Unstoppable YouTube Channel
- Join the private Unstoppable Facebook Group
- Join the email list! (Scroll Down to get the Vendor List!)
Favorite success quote or mantra:
- "Get your hands dirty and change the world."
In today's WORKSHOP with Scott Landers we will discuss:
- The Three Key Elements of in-house delivery are:
- Humans anticipate needs
- Humans know daily changes to the menu
- The hardest thing to change
- Decide what experience you want to create for staff and customers
- Give your online customers the same experience as your in-house customers
- Put your in-house delivery option on EVERY piece of digital real-estate you own
- Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Dig Inn | Zuppler | Bentobox | Squarespace | Google Analytics
- Bbot | Toast POS | Lunchbox | Brandable Box | Chowly | Postmates
- Linktree | Ayro | Survey Monkey | Bikky
7shifts is a modern labor management platform, designed by restaurateurs, for restaurateurs. Effective labor management is more important than ever to ensure profitability and restaurant success. Trusted by over 400,000 restaurant professionals, 7shifts gives you the tools you need to streamline labor operations, communicate with your team, and retain your talent. Best of all 7shifts integrates with the POS and Payroll systems you already use and trust (like Toast!) turning labor into a competitive advantage for your business. Restaurant Unstoppable members get 3 months, absolutely free.
99designs is the global creative platform that makes it easy for designers and clients to work together remotely - no matter what your budget. From logos and brand identity, to menu and packaging, 99designs has helped more than tens of thousands restaurant owners build their brands. 99designs will match you with the right professional for your project from their curated community of talented creatives, and stay with you every step of the way so you love the outcome. Head to https://99designs.com/unstoppable to learn more or get $20 off your first design contest!
Ecolab: Streamline your clean with Ecolab’s new EPA-registered 2-in-1 solution, Sink & Surface Cleaner Sanitizer. It will help reduce risk, simplify your procedures and help ensure compliance. This solution cleans and sanitizes hard non-porous surfaces with a single product, eliminates the rinse step and equips your staff to clean more efficiently. Clean simplified, confidence delivered.
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining today! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Restaurant Unstoppable Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Huge thanks to Scott Landers for joining me for another awesome episode. Until next time!